For all COVID 19 vaccine details
please visit https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid19 for information
https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid19status for information on obtaining a record of your coronavirus (COVID19) vaccination status. This maybe helpful when travelling
Who qualifies as an unpaid carer?
You qualify as an unpaid carer and can self-register for the vaccine if:
- You are 16 to 64 years old;
- You provide face-to-face care and support to one or more family members, friends or neighbours;
- The care you provide is not part of a contract or voluntary work;
- If caring for someone under 18, they are affected by a disability, physical or mental ill health; and
- You have not already received your first COVID-19 vaccination or vaccination appointment letter.
If all of these apply to you, you can register either online (at https://register.vacs.nhs.scot) or via the Covid vaccination helpline (0800 030 8013) from Monday 15 March.
You can read more about unpaid carers in this information sheet from the Scottish Government.
Online registration process
Visit https://register.vacs.nhs.scot once the service becomes available on Monday 15 March.
After reading a definition of who the service is for, you will then be asked:
- Are you an unpaid carer? (Yes/No)
- Who do you care for? (Parent/Child (of all ages)/Other family/Friend or neighbour
- Do you provide face-to-face care? (Yes/No)
The service will direct you to register if eligible, and then offer an appointment by email or text message if you do not already have one. It is expected you will receive your appointment details around 48-72 hours after submitting their registration information.
Following self-registration, you will receive one of the following messages:
- If you are 16 or 17 years old, you will receive a message advising you that your Health Boards (NHS Lothian) will be in contact with an appointment
- If you are 18 years old or older, you will receive a message advising that you will receive an appointment shortly
For more details on how to register, visit NHS inform.
Missing appointment details
You should contact NHS Scotland if you think you should have received an invitation to your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination appointment by now, or if you have lost your invitation letter. You can do this by phone or by completing an online form.
This table outlines specific details of how to report this in your NHS health board.
|NHS health board||How to contact|
|NHS Ayrshire & Arran|
NHS Forth Valley
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
|Complete an online contact form.|
If you're aged 65 and over you should phone 01896 827171 to enquire about your missing invitation.
Anyone else should complete an online contact form.
|NHS Dumfries and Galloway|
|Phone your GP practice to enquire about your missing invitation.|
|NHS Orkney||Phone 0300 303 5313 to enquire about your missing invitation.|
|NHS Shetland||Phone 01595 743 319 to enquire about your missing invitation.|
|NHS Western Isles||Phone 0808 1968383 (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm) to enquire about your missing invitation.|
You should use the form to provide contact details and an explanation of why you think you should have received an invitation.
This will help NHS Scotland to confirm your eligibility and get back to you with a letter or information on how to arrange your vaccination appointment.
Before you complete this form, check that you:
- fit into one of the priority groups currently being invited for vaccination (groups 1 – 5)
- live in an NHS health board area that recommends contacting them via this form
Visit the NHSinform/covid vaccine website
Please follow the advice on NHS inform or call 0800 028 2816
DO NOT ATTEND LEITH SURGERY IF YOU HAVE COVID SYMPTOM
if you think you have COVID like symptoms please follow the advice on nhsinform website
The front door is now closed and we are only seeing patients who have first been assessed by a member of our team over the phone.
Online telephone consultation appointments can be booked with a GP, please ensure you leave your telephone number
Covid19 Advice and information is available at www.nhsinform.scot
COVID19 VACCINE information visit www.nhsinform.scot/COVID19vaccine
Scottish Govt. advice on Coronavirus: https://bit.ly/30TBQy9 follow the up to date
Post Coronavirus Rehab Advice Line 9:00 – 12:00 - 07969334704
Self Isolating Note - If you need a self isolation note for your employer please dont contact the surgery you can do it on line at https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note.
In line with Government advice to help slow & delay the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, from Monday 16th March our appointments will be predominantly by TELEPHONE. Do not come into the surgery. If you feel you need to be seen please call the surgery.